Our Business Model
What Ploughman does?
- Aggregate and market the bulk produce of FPOs
- Processing / value addition of primary products
- Marketing of niche products (organic, non-pesticides) produce of thousands of small, tribal farmers
- Help integrate supply chains, bringing benefits to producers and consumers alike
- Help facilitate contract farming
- Promote technology for sustainable agriculture
- Development of common infrastructure like warehouses, processing units and Market yards
- Help facilitate access to finance, insurance, technology
What ploughman has done so far?
In its first year of operation in 2020, the PAPL has completed multiple transactions with 19 FPOs and with reputed brands such as Arvind Limited, ITC, Inditex, Argon Spinning Mills (Bangladesh), Ruchi Soya, Dhanuka, Avanti Finance and others in the space of organic cotton and other consumables, trading of conventional agri commodities, agriculture inputs supply and technical services to the FPOs for quality control and supply chain management.
It has technically supported ten FPOs in Madhya Pradesh to procure over 17500 Metric Tonnes of wheat, paddy and onion for Food and Civil Supplies Department of Government of Madhya Pradesh and NAFED.